Blast from the Past


These Playskool Chubby board books, gifted to Silas by my sister, is really a gift for me too. They were ours growing up and I had completely forgotten about them until this weekend. As Silas pulled back the tissue paper and revealed Let's Go Shopping, the memories started flooding back. Then the others followed into view and I couldn't contain my excitement. I remember doing the voice of The Count when reading the numbers book to my brother. I vividly remember the page about the bears in A Trip to the Zoo. And I remember being fascinated by the cutout pages in This is My House, which is Silas' favorite now too. They're tattered and written-in and the original spiral binding was long-gone even when I was a child. But, I'm so excited to be able to share these with my little boy. Oldies but goodies.

What books do you remember from your childhood?

(P.S. Happy Valentine's Day!)

7 comments:

  1. I love looking at things from my past! So fun. You commented on this post of mine from a while back where I found a bunch of my old books :-)

    http://thefreedomthree.blogspot.com/2011/06/outdoor-attic.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute books, I love the vintage style! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom saved everyone of my books that I passed on to my children and now to the wee one. Winnie the Pooh and Beatrix Potter were and still are favorites along with Dr.Suess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That package sounds so exciting. This year at Christmas, my parents sent me a small package of some of our family's ornaments. Many were given to me when I was a child, others I made in school and some were given to my parents by my grandparents and great aunts and uncles before I was born. I had a similar reaction as I opened each small bundle wrapped in tissue paper - excitement, nostalgia and lots of love. They made me happy each time I saw them hanging from the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! We have a lot of our books from growing up still in storage at my mom's. I am hoping that as we clear out some things and make room in the new house, I can pull some of them out for Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's Go Shopping is one of my books I remember fondly too - which Will enjoys when we visit Grandma and Grandpa :) Christina G

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have my copies of many of my favorite childhood books. They're held together with string and tape, but they have too many memories attached for me to ever want to upgrade.

    ReplyDelete