Kale Panini!


Last night, Steve and I had a surprisingly wonderful dinner. Kale + Pepperchinis + Queso Fresco + a sandwich press = Delicious. (Full recipe in Cooking in the Moment) It really is quite amazing what a little ball of kale you get once it's cooked. While squeezing the water out after blanching a very generous bunch, I could fit the resulting kale ball in the palm of my hand. It leaves little room for excuses as to why I'm not eating this super food more often. The best thing about this meal? When those who like to give you friendly jabs about your healthy eating habits ask what you had to eat last night you can respond, without a trace of sarcasm, "a kale sandwich."

6 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! What a great dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love kale! that looks yummy!

    happy weekending

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome! I've never thought of putting it on a sandwich like that. I bet it would be good raw, too instead of lettuce on other types of sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love kale, and I've been making quite a few recipes using it (raw and cooked). This would be great! (and I have some in my fridge right now)

    ReplyDelete