Blustery



It's on days like these that I really wish Silas was more of a snuggler, but he is far too busy exploring and trying to walk to settle down with mama. Heck, he's too busy to sleep, so why would he want to snuggle? So, I'll just hunker down on the couch with my mug of tea and give some long overdue love to one of the four animals who have been mostly ignored for the past year. Our poor four-legged babies! You are loved, too, my dears. I hope you know that.

I have a question for babywearin' mamas out there. Now that it's really and truly winter out there, how warmly should I be dressing Silas? I find that if I really bundle him up, he's far too warm in the sling, but I also don't want him to get chilled in the car or en route to/from the car. Any tips? So far, we've been making do with lots of layers that I just peel off as necessary. Baby Legs have been my salvation.

7 comments:

  1. Awe! He's so cute there in the window watching the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time figuring out how to dress Sam as well. We do baby legs most of the time, with a fleece jacket that is okay for the car and doesn't seem to be too warm in the carrier. I keep a blanket in the car and he will actually stay under it if it is cold enough. :) For longer outings on cold days, I do a fleece suit thing.
    I'm worrying about the ice now, though--

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love baby legs and live in Alaska where it is -15 currently. Ocoee runs hot so we do her onesie, baby legs and a hat. In her carrier we use the jj cole snugride for the carseat (she is 3 months and still in an infant carrier). I am usually sweating from wearing her even on cold walks outside.

    http://alaskanbambino.blogspot.com/

    Cheers
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with layers. I feel like I tend to dress P too warmly and then she gets all red in the face. Hope you are enjoying your wintry weather! We are getting a wee bit of snow here (and I am secretly hoping for a snow day tomorrow so that I don't have to teach).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a couple of blankets I keep in the car for G. I put him in the seat and cover him up. If he gets too warm, he has no problems kicking them off himself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet picture, that first one is. And don't give up hope on the snuggling. My three-year-old was anti-snuggle as a babe. When he was an infant, he was most happy to be carried perpendicular from my body (imagine how you would hold your arms if you were carrying a big box. And now he would cuddle and be carried all day if I let him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love his p-jams! i love alligators so much, i would buy a pair in my size!

    i have no idea about the cold and baby wearing. here in fl, we have the exact opposite problem. how to carry your child and not overheat them.

    ReplyDelete