Yarn Along


Knitting: After putting the finishing touches on Steve's Christmas Hat, I've decided to return to Silas' Baby Blanket instead of casting on something new. I don't think it's going to ever get done if I don't give it my full attention, so now's the time. Back to the cables of baby blue.

Reading: Our Secret Territory by Laura Simms...part memoir, part fairy tale, part exploration of the act of storytelling as a vehicle for creating a more compassionate world.

On an unrelated note, are there any mamas out there who are interested in doing a children's book chain letter? The idea is that you send out one book, pass the letter on and if no one breaks the chain, you get 36 books in return. I got talked into it! If you also like pyramid schemes (but with books!) leave a comment with your email address and I'll send the info to you.

Linking up with Ginny over at Small Things.

6 comments:

  1. Hope the blanket comes along smoothly and quickly. I have a sweater like that - one that I know I must finish, but it continues to sit and wait. Do you like the pattern that you're using? After the holidays, I intend to start baby blankets for someone who just had preemies and am looking for a quick, simple pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always make this a forever blanket and Silas can take it to college! :) No, just teasing. I bet it is going to be a work of art with all those cables.
    I love the description of your book and I think my wish list just got a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nic post, I enjoyed it a lot! I like knitting so much!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you finished your hat in time! i am still working away to get the couple knitting projects on my xmas list done..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have heard so much about the art of storytelling these days. storytelling groups, clubs, performances...this may be a book i check out!

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the blanket. It will eventually get to the point where you feel like you're making progress.

    ReplyDelete