Yarn Along



Even though I've had to rip back two rows (I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking--It's like I completely forgot how to knit for those two rounds), I'm still really in love with stranding! Just like cables, it's so much easier than it looks and when it all comes together...magic. The ripping back has had me stumped for a few days, but once I get going again, this bad boy is practically off the needles. Love it. For reading, I've picked up my first fiction reading in years. Literally. Years. It's Pulp and Paper by Josh Rolnick and so far it's been an incredibly enjoyable read. I'm just two stories in and they're on the somber side, but are so beautifully written. And the book is well-designed too. It might just lure me back from non-fiction for awhile.

See that darling little pouch and stitch markers? Karen (aka Swanski) of Pumpkin Sunrise held a giveaway to celebrate her birthday and I was the lucky winner! The pouch is the perfect size to throw in my knitting basket so that I always have stitch markers with me. This would have come in very handy when I was at my parents' house for Thanksgiving--I started on Steve's Christmas hat but had completely forgotten a stitch marker. I made due with a loop of yarn, but now I won't have to. Thank you so much, Karen!

Linking up with Ginny over at Small Things.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Look at that amazing colorwork! Congratulations on working it out so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the hat completed! i've never done stranding before~
    aren't you the lucky winner! both pouch and markers are fun~
    i read in one of my knitting books that you can use a straw cut into small pieces for a marker~ it worked like a charm~
    have a good day courtney!


    xo

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Courtney, it looks super! I am dying to try stranding,but that is going to have to wait until after Christmas! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like it is progressing nicely- I look forward to seeing the final result. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pouch and great job with the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sitting oohing and ahhhing at both pictures. I have a sweater that I had to unravel the hem 2 times I'm thinking 3 is charm for me (I hope.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your knitting is lovely and congratulations on the pouch and stitch markers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Courtney, I found your blog through another person who visited mine. I love your bio and what you are aiming for. I pray you achieve your goals and your life on sustainable land. I love to knit also. I could keep writing, so I will stop here. Blessings to you and your wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't karen the nicest? and i'm so glad you won courtney, those markers are so pretty!
    your hat's looking good!

    ReplyDelete