Weekending


Steve, Silas, and I just returned home from the first of two family Christmas celebrations. It was a weekend of car trips, too much candy, and card games. As I race around the house trying to catch up on this week that's already started (I have no clean diapers!) I'm reflecting on exactly what it is that I hope my son remembers about his childhood Christmases when he's my age. Above all else, I want his memories to be magical. I want them to be filled with light, laughter, good food, nature, and love. I want there to be anticipation, warmth, generosity, tradition, and joy. We're still trying to figure out the practical side, but we do have a year until our next "go" at it. I think we'll get there.

Linking up with Amanda at The Habit of Being.

7 comments:

  1. Ahh! The no clean diapers thing is not fun! Love that blonde-ness. He is adorable. And I'm sure you and Steve will do an incredible job making Christmas magical for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like he has grown so much since you last photo-shared!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You´ll get there for sure - and sweet pic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The traditions will evolve naturally, a blending of your husband and yours. Kids remember the little things - I don't remember a single present I received as a child, but I remember the candles at church on Christmas Eve. You're well on your way to creating traditions that Silas will treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. creating memories- that's what it is all about.
    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm kind-of giving myself a pass on this Christmas, for my own sanity. People make such a big deal out of "baby's first Christmas," but at this age, they won't remember it anyway. That said, I am looking forward to seeing the various holidays through the eyes of a child in coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it took a while for us to find our footing and settle on some christmas traditions. don't rush it and don't stress about it...just enjoy the moments and enjoy the togetherness!

    ReplyDelete