Weekending


This weekend was a little bit of a bust. Steve was hit with some sort of monster flu bug and was in bed for the entirety of it (still is) and Silas has been a grumpy Gus due to those top two teeth breaking through. Without the extra set of hands that I usually have on weekends I had to release my expectations for what I thought I was going to be able to get done (always a hard thing for me to do) and embrace the nurturing that I needed to do instead. There was lots of tea and soup. Rocking and singing. 

Silas and I did manage to make it out of the house on Sunday to attend the First Birthday party of one of our friends from our childbirth class. It's mind-blowing to think that it's been a year already since all of us were sitting in a circle in that room, pregnant, not yet knowing the little ones inside of us. We talked yesterday about how the passage of time has been both so slow and has also gone in the blink of any eye. The individual days of this past year have been painfully slow at times for me, but the fact that a year has already passed? Impossible.

Linking up with Amanda at The Habit of Being.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing how time flies doesn't it? Hope everyone feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well soon. Keep up the tea and soup.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had a rough week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope your week is better than your weekend! matt and i were just talking about how our kids are seeming to grow up at mock speed. max is twelve and was just my baby yesterday. yesterday. and know he’s only six years away from leaving our cozy nest. no way! stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man. Hope you are all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope everyone at your house is healthy now!!!

    ReplyDelete