Sponsor Highlight: JuteBaby

Today we're highlighting A Life Sustained sponsor JuteBaby!


Amy handcrafts unique baby toys and gifts. In her words...

JuteBaby is a new love of mine! My husband and I welcomed our first child in May, a son, and since then I have been on the lookout for baby toys that are interesting to him and made with love. I was inspired to make the original JuteBaby Tag Toy for my son when I noticed how much he loved other stuffed toys (particularly their “made by” tags). I was inspired by images that I saw online... and it all combined to make one adorable stuffed toy! After seeing how much my little guy loved his JuteBaby (even better than his Sophie Giraffe) I decided to make these to sell on Etsy for other moms, grandmas, and those with little ones in their life that want to give their child a handcrafted toy that they will love for years. 


Tell us about your journey to becoming an artist/maker of things. Who taught you how to sew? 

I have been sewing for all of my life. When I was in the second grade, my grandma taught me how to sew, starting with pillows for my Barbie house. I was immediately obsessed! That year I received my first sewing machine, which I still have today and use off and on. Throughout school I have always had the creative bug and sewed many things, including purses, quilts, and clothing. When my son was on the way I found my love for sewing again and have enjoyed spending time at my new sewing machine in the evenings when my son is asleep. 


What inspires you? 

Each day is a new journey when you are sewing. The wonderful thing about creating is that there is no one way to make an object. I love mixing and matching the colors in ways that will be stimulating for little minds. I love making baby toys that aren’t so “baby” and are inspired by textures and colors that all ages will love. My biggest inspiration comes from the amazing fabrics and textures that I use for my designs. I adore new fabric and the excitement of making something unique with a great print. 


Why is it important to you to make handmade toys for your own child? 

I love the fact that a majority of my son’s toys are handmade because I know that they are the highest quality and they are unique. It is so important to me to know where the pieces of his toys came from and I believe that he knows that they are made with love. The pieces that I make for my little guy and for JuteBaby are toys that are going to last a lifetime. They are completely baby safe and will withhold the test of time - and a little monster that likes to perform his own set of tests. 


Tell us about your favorite piece in your shop and describe your process in designing/making it. 

A favorite piece!?!?! That is impossible! The hardest part about making toys for others is actually selling them and not keeping them all for my little guy. Right now my favorite piece in the shop is my Original JuteBaby Owl in Pink. I was inspired by the great fabric that I found for the back of this JuteBaby and the colors are so bright and cheery! All of my designs start with the embroidered face. It is a friendly face that was custom designed by me and digitized by an artisan on Etsy. The shape of each JuteBaby is unique, depending on how the fabric lays out as I am working. I like to make different sizes and shapes because I think it is fun to have a truly unique design. The ribbon is assorted in colors and textures, cut to varying lengths and stitched onto the fabric to be very secure. I then sew the two exterior pieces together, stuff the design with non-allergenic Poly-Fil, and hand-stitch the opening to be very discrete. 






Amy is generously offering to one lucky A Life Sustained reader a JuteBaby Original! The simple, classic design is perfect for little hands. This cuddly owl provides sensory stimulation by the various colors, fabric textures, and tags to play with. Keeps babies busy for hours! 

Each design is unique and was made with love and attention to details. The top of the owl is made from super soft chenille fabric and the back is cotton. The face is embroidered on so it is completely baby safe! The tags are made from coordinating ribbons. All pieces have been machine stitched multiple times to ensure a quality piece that is baby and toddler friendly. This toy is stuffed with a hypo-allergenic Poly-Fil stuffing. 

Just leave a comment on this post to be entered in the random drawing to win.

Get three additional entries! First, you can follow A Life Sustained through Google Friend Connect. Second, you can add JuteBaby to your favorites on Etsy. Third, "Like" JuteBaby on Facebook! Be sure to leave a comment for each "extra" so they can be counted. Comments will be closed on December 17 and a winner will be announced in this post shortly thereafter.

Congratulations to the lucky winner...
Charis's Mum
"I'd love to win one to give to my SIL who is expecting and is due in February. :-D"

Thanks, JuteBaby!

55 comments:

  1. I'll be the first to enter! Her toys are absolutely precious!

    justsuzie_s at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a "Life Sustained" follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Added "JuteBaby" to my favs on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "liked" JuteBaby on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! That owl is precious. I'm loving all of the darling owl things I'm seeing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my son would love an owl!

    hrfarley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your shop. I'd like to win one of the pink owls for my niece Stella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, LOVE the owls! Taggies are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this giveaway!
    gkuroda(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. sent you a friend request on facebook.

    Linda Steelman Jarraf(on FB)

    ReplyDelete
  11. toys any child would love! thanks you!

    Dee dot hausker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ♥'d JuteBaby on etsy (GypsiesJewels)

    ReplyDelete
  13. facebook fan of JuteBaby..(Dee Hausker)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are awesome!
    Tanyas.junk1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i follow on gfc
    Tanyas.junk1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i liked on facebook
    Tanyas.junk1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i hearted on etsy
    Tanyas.junk1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. adorable. my niece would love one!

    lauren51990 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So Cute!! I love them, especially the owl ones. I love owls lol

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow you on GFC (same name)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  21. I added JuteBaby to my faves on etsy (id: megnate)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like JuteBaby on facebook (same name)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi.
    niuniuzheng at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable! <3

    unforgetable_dreamer_always (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love her toys! And I would love my daughter (who is due any day now) to have one!!! :)

    Shannon F.
    shannybakes(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. GFC follower. (Shannon Foust)

    Shannon F.
    shannybakes(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I added Jutebaby to my favorites on Etsy. (Shannon Foust/shannyfoust)

    Shannon F.
    shannybakes(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like Jutebaby on facebook! (Shannon Foust)

    Shannon F.
    shannybakes(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fun- my nephew would be all over this like baby slobber on a Jutebaby toy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fun giveaway!

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    –Liza

    ejm6x (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  31. very cute! posted a link on my blog.

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. My granddaughter loves taggie toys and these are the cutest I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely! Thanks for the chance.

    lovelydomesticdiva@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. such cute stuff, thanks for the chance to win
    robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. follow you on gfc
    Robin Scott
    robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. "hearted" her on etsy
    robinlscott
    robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. like her on fb
    Robin Scott
    robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. GFC follower [mummytocharis].
    mummytocharis[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Favorited Jute Baby's Etsy shop [Sarah-GortreeRoadKnits].

    ReplyDelete
  40. Like Jute Baby on Facebook [Sarah Jane].

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'd love to win one to give to my SIL who is expecting and is due in February. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Super cute! Thanks for the giveawayy.
    fec527 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. GFC follower.
    fec527 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hearted on Etsy: FrancescaElena
    fec527 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. love these toys!
    jamieadkins@mail.com

    ReplyDelete