Nature Swap





The super-awesome Amy over at Mama Scout invited me to do a nature swap with her a short while ago. Of course, I was excited at the opportunity. How could I not be? Bits of natural beauty from far away? Sign me up! Her box o' Florida nature arrived last week and I'm just overwhelmed and overjoyed at all the beauty contained therein. Silas and I had so much fun carefully removing each piece from this little treasure chest. He loved the feathers and wanted to pick up each individual strand of the moss. So much fun. It all now lives in a place of honor as the centerpiece of our Nature Table where it can remind us of sunnier times to come as our winter turns dark and gray.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Amy! Your nature box from Iowa is on its way to you. Things here are pretty monochromatic (and unfortunately, that color is brown), but Silas and I tried to find some interesting things from the prairie for you to enjoy.

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea - learn a little bit about another part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool idea- we do this at our local nature preserve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i am so glad you got it and liked it! we had so much fun putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely adore this idea and will use this as a class project, and for myself, just because...what a beautiful notion this is.

    ronda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea dear Courtney. If you want some things from Hawaii, just let me know and it will be my pleasure to send it your way. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete