It's a Baby Shower

Thanks so much to the ever-thoughtful Tracey for hosting this baby shower for Amanda. What a wonderful idea! Tracey, the snacks look delicious and I am definitely enjoying my warm cup of tea this morning. That vest and hat? What a lucky little babe. And Karen...I'm "oohing" and "ahhing" over that sweater! I couldn't have picked better colors myself. And Ellen, I don't think we've met yet, but the pleasure is all mine. I can't wait to see what adorableness Amanda knits from that yummy blue yarn. Greetings to everyone else who's here. Silas is a little squirmy today, so please forgive me if I have to excuse myself to keep him occupied.

Amanda, you are such a sweet being and so full of light. I wish for you the labor that you desire, as much rest and peace as you need, and a baby that is perfect in every way.

For my gift, I whipped up a little fabric travel high chair with a matching bib (with a few other little goodies thrown in for good measure). Silas enjoyed modeling them so much that I think I need to sew a set for him as well!




Happy Baby Shower, Amanda!

11 comments:

  1. I am drooling over your sewing skills Courtney, something I lack! The fabric is too cute and Silas makes a wonderful model. I am so glad you could attend and I hope you helped yourself to the snack and please have a piece of cake before you leave :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! Silas is such a grand model!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me wish I liked sewing!! That is such a sweet gift :) P.S. You are very talented and I love the fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea! I wish I had one of those when my monkeys were little- would have come in handy since at the time none of our friends had babies and therefore there were no boosters dug up from a basement or garage-

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an amazing idea!!! i've never seen one of those but it's perfect for when we are on the go to friends' houses and don't want to tote a high chair or booster. so very clever of you. thank you and sweet silas, he is a super cute model :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a darling gift! i love it, it is just the perfect thing for baby! oh baby silas...just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Such a sweet boy, sweet fabric and sweet gift!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I could have used one with my Kate! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that little woodland print! What a great idea, the chair wrap around thingy. Wish I had one of those when my babies were younger. It was nice to 'see' you at the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't the travel high chair the neatest? I wish I could take credit for the design, but I can't! I used a Sew Baby pattern. http://www.sewbaby.com/shopbaby/product_info.php?products_id=4025

    ReplyDelete