The Christmas Hat





Much like last year, the only handmade that I was able to get under the tree was Steve's hat, but it sure was a lot of fun to make. I used this pattern and Debbie Bliss' casmerino aran, which is super soft and a dream to knit. The stranding was so much easier than I feared it might be and the floats make the hat very cozy and warm. Steve loves it and so do I. In fact, I like it so much that I'm going to use my leftover yarn to knit myself one. I asked Steve if having husband-wife hats would lessen his positive opinion of this one and he assured me that it would not. Phew.

Linking up with Ginny over at Small Things.

22 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I've only tried fair isle once and it was a pretty small project. This might just convince me to do another one (after I finish my 20 other WIPs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You have convinced me to add Colorwork to my 2012 knitting goals! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW Courtney, it is beautiful! Are you sure you don't won't to move south and teach me how to knit that well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And so wish I had that talent. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am impressed. It turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! Really lovely! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I am awed by colorwork. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hat pattern it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! Love the colors and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome hat! i love the casmerino aran. soooo soft!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a nice pattern and lovely colors. Working with a soft yarn makes the whole process very worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hat came our perfect. I love fairaisle but I doubt I will ever be brave enough to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i found you via amanda's blog today. such a handsome hat (and sweet baby, too).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color work and sun-soaked photos. Such a handsome family you have! I hope you share photos of you two in your matching hats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful. You are very clever. I love Cashmerino Aran.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful work! I am definitely inspired to try this - some day!
    Blessings for a Happy New Year
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it. Any tips for someone who would like to try fair aisle knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you did such a fantastic job on Steve's hat!

    ReplyDelete