Yarn Along


And already it's Wednesday again. But isn't it wonderful that it is? With Wednesday comes the knitting and reading check-in that helps keep me on track and on task. Between teething and holiday preparations there hasn't been much time for knitting or for reading, but slight progress has been made in both arenas despite these challenges. After knitting four gauge swatches, Steve's Christmas hat is finally cast on. I'm looking forward to the upcoming time that will be spent in the car this Thanksgiving holiday for the free hands that it allows me. For reading material, I just checked out Elizabeth Pantley's new book, The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution, from the library. We are a ways away from having to deal with the possibility of a picky eater, but I like to be prepared. I've found Pantley's no-cry sleep books to be helpful and this one seems to hold a similar promise of gentle parenting options.

And you? What are you reading and knitting these days?

Linking up with Ginny at Small Things.

10 comments:

  1. I'll bet she has good suggestions - I like her sleep books too.
    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading "The Graveyard Book," by Neil Gaiman. It's a young adult book I'm reading in preparation for a lesson I need to teach to middle schoolers. It's a little creepy, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, us moms and the love for car knitting. I am hoping for the same! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terrible about gauge swatches so I admire you for doing 4!
    I hope you have a very lovely Thanksgiving with your family Courtney!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really never do swatches. That's probably why I started my last hat all over again seven (!) times.. Today I managed to start reading a book again, it has been... quite some time. It's Organized Simplicity, by Tsh Oxenreider. I'm not that far yet, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book looks like one I am going to have to check out. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh boy, I surely need to read this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. do they have one for picky husband eaters? : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does she have any advice for eaters who love to chew/suck the flavor out of everything and then spit it out?! G is driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete