Yarn Along | Empty Needles


Let's start first with the reading, shall we? I'm slowly making my way through Becoming Animal. It is beautiful and lyrical and weighty. I find that if I try to read it with only half my mind that I have to go back and re-read. This is the type of book for nibbling on. For sitting in pools of sunshine and enjoying the cadence of the language as well as the big thoughts being shared. In short, this one is going to take me awhile. There will be others in the interim, I'm sure.

And now on to the needles. Oh my. Empty still? Why yes. I plan to remedy that promptly, just as soon as I watch a tutorial video on the provisional cast-on. Halloween draws near. We may have to develop a Plan B, which is, as of yet, unformulated. You know, just in case.

Linking up with Ginny's Yarn Along at Small Things.

11 comments:

  1. I love books of deep thoughts - when I have the chance to sit and really read ;-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds wonderful! I can't believe how suddenly October has come...yes, many Plan Bs in my future ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book sounds wonderful! I can't believe how suddenly October has come...yes, many Plan Bs in my future ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, Rachel from House Full of Jays just mentioned this cast on and I just read about it last night in Wendy Knits Lace. It would be so fantastic if we could all get together and learn this as a group! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i could help you with that cast on, it's really much simpler than some videos will show. you will get it no problem dear. enjoy your book.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your knitting. I find few material things more comforting than yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had a knit-free week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope that you can get back to knitting soon. Sometimes taking a break, either planned or unplanned, can be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how about SEWING him a costume???!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i will check the book out...at the moment...heady is the least of my needs! will keep it on the list for later, and i am with Bette...sewing is super good too...just sayin'.

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad to see that you posted empty needles. I tend to find a project to post about no matter what... your openness was refreshing!

    ReplyDelete