Self-Portrait Tuesday | Mei Tai

Self-Portrait Tuesday is a way to regularly remind ourselves to get in front of the camera every once in awhile. Sharing them helps our little blog community to grow and deepen. Read my original post about self-portraits here.


Silas and I tried out our new mei tai for the first time today. I think this baby carrier might actually change my life for the better. I need more practice tying him in and he needs some time to adjust to being on my back, of course, but all things considered, it was a smashing success. As soon as I had him all snuggled in I felt so...free. He was very content and I was able to vacuum, put away some dishes, and start a load of laundry. It was perhaps the most productive 20 minutes that I've had in months. I didn't think it could get much better than the sling, but this is pretty awesome. I think I've fallen down the babywearing rabbit hole. Before you know it I'll be going through the couch cushions to scrape together the cash to buy an Ergo.

If you have a self-portrait to share, please leave a link in the comments. I look forward to seeing you!

12 comments:

  1. loved his little face popping out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When our son was little he loved being on my husband's back for hikes! Thanks for the fun photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing Silas in your pictures! You both are just so wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is life-changing when you get to the point where babe can ride on your back!! So freeing. Good work both of you (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I always love when they get big enough to ride on my back-- it frees me up so much more than a front sling. You two are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love his little top lip peaking out ;-). Babywearing is the BEST! Glad you're enjoying it - and it appears so is Silas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are both total sweethearts. I'm sending a big hug to you both!

    Dig through those couch cushions....I got an Ergo just before Mira was born. Oh boy, is it ever wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I never did feel confident enough to wear my son on my back, though he spent plenty of time up front. You both look super comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! Showed my Mom and she is just in awe.

    ReplyDelete