Falling Behind


Oh dear! Silas is almost nine months old (!), but to look at his baby journal, he hasn't passed five yet. I thought that mamas weren't supposed to lose their steam on keeping detailed baby books until the second or third kid and here I am having a hard time keeping up with number one. For the first four months I have beautifully written journal entries that note all sorts of touching moments. Even at this point, where they are still in the very recent past, I love reading back over them and remembering the little details that are so easily forgotten. I really need to take an afternoon, brew some tea, and just write everything that I remember from those four lost months right now.

Priority for the week: catching up!

8 comments:

  1. I lost that quite a bit with my second child - but when life´s busy those things has a tendency to fall behind. Now I figure my blog is a good diary too for them, I´ll try to print the posts one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of five children I don't think I have one journal that is complete! Live just gets busy and it's hard to keep up.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops :)
    it's lucky you can do it now while still so very fresh in your mind. one of the things that would help me in keeping books for my five babies, is scribbling something i wouldn't want to forget and tucking it in the book to transfer later when i had the time. those little pieces of paper really helped to jog my tired mama brain.
    but most important, do what you can, if you want and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost steam with my first too.. it's so hard to spend the time writing when, at the moment, it seems like you would never forget... but it is so wonderful to look back upon later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney, I understand totally. It is such an awful feeling. From experience even if I update a little bit I feel so much better. I too love reading over the old pages and I always cry. Enjoy catching up and writing new memories from today. Love Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I had the best of intentions...now I have multiple journals with very few entries. I hope you find the time to sit down and catch up - it's so special to have later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My poor second little one hasn't had anything filled out yet. THank goodness there is a record of everything in the blog! Hope you find the time soon! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have felt so guilty at times that I have not kept up (well at all really) on a baby book or journal. I have a basket, which has turned into a cardboard box, of fun little mementos, special cards, drawings, etc. I have scribbled down notes on a calendar, and hope to someday transfer everything into a beautiful book. I love your dedication.

    ReplyDelete