CSA | Only One More Left!


In this week's CSA: potatoes, cherry tomatoes, delicata squash, acorn squash, yellow summer squash, mixed greens, and green and yellow beans.

Some of the potatoes were used in potato pizza, the two winter squashes went into a new pasta recipe along with some swiss chard and sage. All was delicious.

It's hard to believe that we only have one CSA box left. Where did the summer go? I look outside my window and, even though we had that streak of 70 degree weather, it is decidedly fall out there. The trees' bare branches let in more light on our yard, the wet leaves stick to my feet when I take the compost out, and my prairie patch is full of the song of new birds who have come to gobble up the seeds. All things change yet again.

5 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Potato pizza is definately something I have to try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with tinajo, I have got to try your potato pizza. I think I need to eat something, all this talk of food has made me hungry :) ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by the potato pizza as well...I love perogie pizza but I've never actually made it before.
    Mmm, those beans looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart delicata squash!! I am making pizza tomorrow night with winter squash, arugula and ricotta cheese on it. I love winter foods!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love delicata squash too. I've been buying a lot more variations of acorn squash and turbans and blue hubbards. So tasty. Hope you share the new recipe. I so miss our CSA - we used to have a lovely one until we moved.

    ReplyDelete