Yarn Along


This weekend the three of us packed our bags, boarded the dog, and headed over to Ohio for the wedding of one of Steve’s dear friends. A total of nineteen hours in the car not only makes for one road-weary babe, it also gives a girl plenty of time to knit. Silas really was a champ about it. We drove the 9 ½ hours there in one shot on Friday and he was in good spirits until around 6:00 p.m. when he declared that he had had enough. It was understandable, though, I was ready to be done for the day too. But, we were so close that we forged ahead. We broke up the drive home over two days, which was easier on us all.

The yarn for Silas’ Halloween costume came in, but I didn’t have time to pick it up before we needed to get on the road (we're going to be cutting it close on that one!), so I made some progress on his blanket instead. Over halfway finished! This one can get done before winter, of that I am sure.

On the nightstand is The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Self-Sufficient Living. I’ve always been skeptical of this and the “for Dummies” series of books, but I’ve heard that they do hire some pretty fantastic authors for their topics and the gentleman who penned this one seems, at first glance, to be very knowledgeable. We shall see.

For more Yarn Along goodness, head over to Small Things.

10 comments:

  1. I love that close-up, what a wonderful looking cable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love road trips for all the knitting it allows. your wool looks beautiful, and a lovely pattern, what a treasure it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat cables! I love road trips for the knitting time too :) But there are times where enough is enough. I'm glad Silas was such a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 cables..
    Glad to hear Silas handled the trip well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a road trip to get some knitting done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blanket is beautiful and it sounds like you had a lovely knitting ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cabling. What a great little chap Silas is - it is so tempting to go for it on these longer trips. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new comer to knitting in the car, as I always thought it would make me travel sick, but happily it doesn't! I now get excited at the thought of a long journey, wondering how much knitting or crocheting I can get done.

    That cable looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought Knitting for Dummies when I was learning to knit last year. It is still the book
    I pick up when I have a question.
    I may have to write you about how to cable since yours look fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is going to be a beautiful blanket!

    ReplyDelete