Yarn Along | One Lonely Little Grape


First of all, I have to say that I'm so excited about and inspired by the enthusiasm in the comments from yesterday's "self-portrait" post! I think it's a go -- let's see all the lovely ladies behind the lovely words by posting a self-portrait (whatever "self-portrait" means to you) next Tuesday. I'll host the link list so that we can all meet each other in a whole new way. I can't wait to see you all!

In new business, one lonely little grape has made it off my needles; only 15 or so more to go. It took something like 15 minutes to make, but with the size 2 DPNs, it's a little fussy and I need a solid 15 minute stretch in which to crank it out...something that comes at quite a premium around here. Some progress was made on Silas' blanket too. One of these days, one of these days...

As far as reading goes, I just finished Just My Type, a history of fonts, and am getting ready to start Off to Class, a short book about unconventional schools around the world. Steve has always gotten quite a kick out of the diversity of my reading material. What can I say? I'm an unfaithful mistress. I flit from topic to topic, being wooed by all things unknown to me. I'm in love with learning.

For more Yarn Along posts check out Small Things.

7 comments:

  1. I just love how you wrote that you're an "unfaithful mistress." That's great!! So many books, so little time!!! Have a wonderful day. :)

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you think of Just My Type? I have thought about reading it,but wanted some feedback.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is one cute little grape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tracey: It was good...a little bit scattered (I couldn't really discern how it was organized), but still enjoyable. I'll post my full review on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always flit around topics of books too. There's too much interesting in the world to just stick to one thing for too long :)
    Your grape is adorable - I can't wait to see the rest of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My taste in books is all over the place, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those tiny double points seem to always take for ever! can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete