Self-Portrait Tuesday



Since I shared a current self-portrait last week, I thought I’d comb through the recent past for this week’s offering. After several weeks had passed after Silas was born, I noticed how absent I was from the photo documentation of his life. Home alone all day and, really, not knowing what else to do with a baby, I spent many of those early hours in “photo sessions.” I figured out the self-timer on my camera so that I could be a part of them in a visible way. The one above is from when he was six-weeks-old. He is now 32-weeks-old and, really, not much has changed. Same baby in the sling. Same mama looking down on him. Still home all day and still trying to figure out what to do with a baby (although, we’re getting a little bit better at it!).


If you have a self-portrait to share (and I hope that you do!), leave a link in the comments. I can’t wait to see you all!

11 comments:

  1. Here's mine like I promised:
    http://accountantgrrl.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/my-self-portrait/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this photo- I'm into your idea of self portrait just not ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sweet!

    Here is mine:
    http://eetaylor.blogspot.com/2011/09/self-portrait-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't have a self portrait, but i love yours :-) if i get in any pics this week i'll be sure to post next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet! Maybe I will try and get a photo next week (time to get out the tripod!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh beautiful, well done sweetie, this is so precious, baby and mama.
    p.s. LOVE your color coordinated thread/sewing area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot. So sorry. I will remember to do this next week.

    Wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful you are and I love seeing the picture of you with Silas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a great picture. i am always the one taking all the photos. it is hard to get the mama in a picture too!

    ReplyDelete