Yarn Along


If this post rambles a bit or there are parts that don't quite make sense, I apologize in advance. My head is as foggy as this beautiful morning that I've "woken up" to. I may actually drink coffee this morning -- not a usual occurrence.

Well, the needles are still empty. Has a week really gone by already? Thank you so much for all of your comments and words of encouragement last week -- I think that I'm going to tackle the projects on my list in the order in which they will be needed, which means that the Halloween costume is up next (with BSJ and Christmas stocking to follow shortly!). I think I'd like to keep it a surprise, though. Steve and I decided what Silas was going to be for his first Halloween before he was even conceived, so let's hope that I can step up to the plate and make it happen!

I'm making my way through The Accidental Creative, which is about how we often sabotage our creative projects by neglecting the rhythm of the creative process. Its target audience is more of a business crowd, but I do think it still has some relevant advice for anyone who includes creativity as part of their daily life. I picked it up hoping that it might help me better organize my days with Silas so that they include more of the focused creative time (for me) that I need.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to this week! Linking up with Ginny over at Small Things.

12 comments:

  1. Now I am going to be guessing as to what Silas is going to be for Halloween! I just picked up a Dorothy [from the WIzard of Oz] dress for my daughter from Goodwill. She will be Dorothy, my son in-law the scarecrow and the wee one will be Toto! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can hardly wait to see what Silas will be for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the needles just have to be empty for a few weeks so that creative juices can flow in other areas. (have to remind myself of this...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see pictures of Sila during his first halloween....

    ~~Renee

    A Knitters Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not knitting anything new either. i have no yarn! i think we're going to have a gang of pirates over here, including the niece. gotta get working on my baby dreadlock hats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ordered some brightly colored eco-cotton for some "squishes" - Silas liked his so much, I had to make one for Will. I finished the large one last week and am itching to get a few more finished for a basketful! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries, foggy mama! I think your strategy is a fine one. Can't wait to see what Silas will be! My boy is set on being a dinosaur (for the 3rd year in a row...alas, I think I'll have to find/make a new costume this time around ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm...I'm waiting with bated breath!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing what's next :) I haven't even given Halloween any thought yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My halloween days are a thing of the past but it was fun thinking of costumes! Looking forwary to seeing what you decide to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. excited to see that Halloween idea. Finn wants to be a witch this year. Maybe Phoebe can be his black cat side-kick?

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like your empty needles, the possiblities are endless!
    enjoy your coffee (if you had it)!

    ReplyDelete