In My Kitchen


== Cherry tomatoes abound. Steve has declared that he doesn't like them no way, no how, which means more for me. The yellow ones taste like candy.

== Birthday treats for a special fella. For the longest time he requested strawberry cake from a box (it had to be from a box) for his birthday. Now he's on to homemade Dutch Letters.

== Trying to figure out a good organizational system for my dry goods. I love the way the mason jars look all lined up on the counter, but I'm starting to outgrow my counter space.

== Thinking that my sour pickles are just about ready. I made my first batch two years ago and they were amazing. I have been chasing the dragon of that initial yummy-ness ever since. Maybe this is the batch that will recapture it.

11 comments:

  1. beautiful photos! happiest of birthday celebrations and i am very curious about your pickles. i've never made real ones in a crock always the canned type. i've heard the crock pickles are simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can Steve not like cherry tomatoes? They're my favorites!

    Yay for sour pickles. I hope they're as good as your first batch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with the sour pickles! i am in the same boat...my ideas...and garden produce...are both outgrowing our kitchen!

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cherry tomatoes and am thankful my Steve is in barbershop with someone who has too many and shares :) (next year, we'll plant them ourselves). I'm having a whole bunch in my eggs tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your cherry tomatoes look amazing!! Yay for others in the home NOT liking them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this dry goods problem I know. It looks wonderful, but takes so much space. I'm still looking for a solution there.
    I wish I had tomatos like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No to cherry tomatoes? I don't understand.

    Those sour pickles look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What delicious pictures. Never thought to make pickles in one of those stoneware pots. I'll bet that's a simpler process. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those tomatoes are amazing! and the pickles! they are on my list. i just made regular bread and butter pickles and they are good - but i really want to make the naturally fermented ones.

    and about the storage - we have all our dry goods in jars too. we put in a few shelves in our kitchen so we can look at them all the time. better than art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love cherry tomatoes! We had cherry tomatoes from the garden with mozzarella and olive oil last night for dinner - heaven!!

    I'm making a cake out of the box today for my seven-year-old's birthday. I have to admit, it's not as time consuming as baking one from scratch!

    ReplyDelete