Yarn Along | Medium Squishie

The medium-sized Squishie from Itty Bitty Toys is complete and Silas looks as if he would like to devour it.


Which would be okay by me; whatever makes the little nipper happy, right? I'm going to take a break from these for awhile, but I have grand plans to knit a bunch of them in different sizes and string them up as a knitted "planet mobile." Steve thinks that Pluto should still be included in such a project, but I think that he's livin' in the past.


As for reading, I picked up quite a few things at the library last week and have read a couple pages in most of them. I've made the most progress in Thriving Beyond Sustainability, which explores different ways that our society might cope with the changing ecological world in which we live. It alternates between depressing me and inspiring me. Inspires because it shows how resourceful people can be, and depresses because the most peaceful and resourceful cultures are also the ones that get trampled over. I'm also diving into The Family Dinner, which I picked up because another Yarn Alonger was reading it, and it is very good. I'm missing my reading time! I think I might just start offering to nurse Silas when I feel like reading. Maybe I can talk him into going along with it...

Want more Yarning Along? Head over to Small Things.

18 comments:

  1. Courtney, the picture of Silas is the best...I love the look on his face. I think you may have a ball player on your hands! I agree with Steve, add Pluto, the scientist will change their minds once again and restore Pluto to it's planet status!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the planet mobile is a great idea! But I would also vote to keep Pluto in ;)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! your planet idea is wonderful and i have to go with steve...pluto should stay! i teach kindergarten and we travelled to all the planets and the general consensus, among 5 year olds, is that it's just not fair to revoke planet status. that said, my all time favorite planet is uranus because of the gi-normous capacity for laughs around it. hardly a day goes by without a uranus joke around here...since my nine year old was assigned it for a planet report. that was probably TMI! but thanx for the chance to 'talk planets' have a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome shot! And love the mobile idea and am rooting for Pluto ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cutie!!!

    I just came up with an idea and I had you in mind...please share next week! http://www.mental-chew.com/2011/07/exciting-times-for-say-what.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is such a sweetie! Oh, sometimes I can miss that baby time... *Sigh* :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the photo of Silas and the squishy. He seems so interactive with his environment :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to eat Silas up with a big ol' spoon.

    He is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that face! Your knitting is beautiful. I really like the idea of a planet mobile. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great photo! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a handsome little man! Hope he's enjoying the balls as much as it appears he is. great knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That picture of Silas is adorable (and have I told you how much I LOVE his name?). I'm on your husband's side. You should include Pluto.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that picture of your little Silas - it's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! I agree as well on including Pluto.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep Pluto! What a great idea to make a squishie mobile! I simply love this picture of Silas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful knits for a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete