Yarn Along


I finally made it through a round and a half of the pattern repeat for Silas' blanket! Who-hoo! I had hoped to have that second repeat completed by today, but such was not the case. I really need to cast on something small that I can complete in a week or two. This mama needs a little less delayed gratification. As for reading material, I'm still working my way through Home Economics and am gearing up to start Kitchen Literacy, two very domestic sounding titles if I do say so myself. (Head over to Small Things for more Yarn Along goodness.)

Silas has decided that 6:00 A.M. is an appropriate time to start the day. I disagree, especially after nights spent getting up every hour or two. I have a general no-speaking and minimal interaction rule during the night when we wake up for diaper changes and nursing; night time is for sleeping, not for conversation or playing. He challenges this more frequently now, however. It's really hard not to smile back and caress that little face when he locks eyes with me through the dim light and breaks in an ear-to-ear grin from atop the changing table. Throw in a coo or a little chuckle and I'm a goner.

14 comments:

  1. Two great books you are reading and yah for the blanket! It is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely color - love that shade! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy blanket! I'm all for have a few projects on the needles - a quickie, a long-termer and maybe even a difficult one, too. :-) I think you've got a good nighttime plan in place, but I must say...I'd be gone with just a coo! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blanket looks gorgeous! I'm not good with delayed gratification at all, so at the moment I'm sticking with rather smaller projects... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your blog! you sound like me, "desperately trying to learn new skills" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is really coming along! Hooray!
    My kids think that 6 am is a good time to start the day as well..... I also find it a wee bit early ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think 6am is an appropriate time to start the day too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blanket is gorgeous! Both of our babies (now near adulthood) would wake up very early. Thank goodness I am an early riser :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. we're a six am family, too!:) the 1 1/2 year old goes to bed at 7 and i'm a goner by 9:30pm! must be getting old!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blanket and the color. I think it would be hard not to smile back at that little cutie too. We are between six and seven every morning here too (although we aren't doing up every hour or two in the middle of the night). I used to not like it, but now with the weather how it is, I'm glad to start early end early.

    ReplyDelete
  11. silas's blanket looks great! maybe he'll want to snuggle longer once he's got that soft cabled blanket next to him. wishful thinking, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful color! As for the early hour, 6 is sleeping in for my babes! The little one calls for us starting at about 5:30! Oh well... morning is a beautiful time of day, especially in the summer when it is light out.

    Those books both look wonderful! I'm adding them to my list. Just finished another W.B. book recently. Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blanket..... and James at Silas age (and well after that) loved 5 a.m. as a time to wake up( I mean, after all the night feeds)...he completely disrupted my sleeping pattern.... but we recovered. It took us a while though.

    ReplyDelete