Yarn Along


Yarning along again with Ginny over at Small Things today, who hasn't been doing much knitting this week as she just gave birth to her little boy! She has impeccable taste in names...there is another little Silas in the world! I too have been very sparse in my knitting time since last Wednesday. A couple of tough bedtimes and a weekend spent away from home will do that to a gal. But I have been reading. I just started Wendell Berry's Home Economics. I've loved other essays of his, but the first couple in this book haven't really grabbed me. I'm going to finish it, though, before making any final judgments. I'm also skimming through Apples for Jam. Everyone and their sister in the blogosphere has been raving about this cookbook for years now and I figured it was about time I checked it out. I guess in all the raving it never came up that it's organized by color. I love it.

10 comments:

  1. Hooray! A Midwestern Mama. I was born one, but have called the Pacific Northwest home for over a decade (and am secretly sure I was switched at birth). But that's another story...anyway, I'm always giddy when I meet a like-minded Mama from my birth region. Speaking of like-minded. I really like Wendell Berry's work, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to see Apples for Jam and can't understand why my library doesn't carry it - since as you say, everyone in the blogosphere is talking about it. I've also heard lots about Wendell Berry but I haven't read any of his works...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to look into more Berry... A friend has been recommending Hanna Coulter to me for years! The knitting is pretty... if not worked very far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the yarn - looks quite similar to what I'm using right now to crochet my scarf. And how have I not heard about the 'apples for jam'? - will have to check it out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love browsing through cookbooks, although nowadays I am more apt to look up recipes online.

    I like the name Silas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Apples for Jam. It must be the most-used cooking book in my kitchen. I love the colour organisation! Also, the index is not perfect, so I've stumbled upon some lovely surprises..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of the books you are reading are on my list. I adore Wendell Berry and reading cookbooks is a favorite past time of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend of mine has Apples for Jam and I have enjoyed looking through it. I hope you get to make some yummy suff out of it. Happy knitting. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am intrigued by that cookbook, I put it on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me know what you think of the cookbook. I am really into trying out new recipes these days.

    ReplyDelete