Yarn Along | Squishie with Stripes


I was really hoping to have this second squishie done by today, but a weekend spent away from home plus the last two days spent playing catch-up add up to very little time for knitting. Even the easy knitting. But, I'm about halfway done and I'm following through with my daring plan to do a stripe. I grabbed this orange pima cotton from my stash (originally purchased to make a bib) even though I didn't really like the color before. Now, paired with the seafoam green, it really works for me. The green helps to soften the orange...tones down the garishness a bit. 


For the first time in a long time I don't have any books in progress. Not a one! There is a copy of Making is Connecting on hold for me at the library, just waiting for me to find the time to pick it up, which is part of my plan for this afternoon. I definitely get my tax-payer-dollar's-worth by taking full advantage of my library's willingness to order titles that are not in the collection through inter-library loan for me. But, when I want to read brand new books, I always request that they purchase them. And they almost always do! It makes me feel like I have incredibly good literary taste. Or maybe I just like to read the same things that everyone else does. Either way, I never lack for interesting reading material.

For more Yarn Along goodness head on over to Ginny's Small Things.

8 comments:

  1. Our library has a pretty good selection for being little. I love the two colors you chose. You are on a squishy roll.....(pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you are using together. Orange is one of my favorite summer colors.
    Aren't libraries the best? I love having so many book at my finger tips. I can sit at home, browse and request, and then just pick them up. Plus my library ladies are super nice!
    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stripes! Brave girl, indeed. And I'm certain that you do have exquisite literary taste - just like me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason your squishy is reminding me of a pumpkin. Isn't that silly?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the incredible literary taste, of course. ;)

    Love the striped squishie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those squishies are great! I am still working on bootie #2 from last week. Going out of town and then re-adjusting to being back home make finding time to knit and sew rather hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from the Yarn Along....

    Love the two colors together. Orange is usually a little too much for me but I really like it next to the blue. I can't wait to see your finished project. :)

    ReplyDelete