Yarn Along: A Squishie Complete


A completed project! And it was a success all around. My first foray into the world of dpns became less and less frustrating with each and every round. In fact, I've already cast this project on again and am going to make the medium-sized squishie. And then the large one. Perhaps with a stripe (now I'm just getting bold!). Silas was also a fan.


He ended up with a lot of seafoam green lint between his fingers. How do babies have this magical ability to gather lint between their fingers and toes? I clean those suckers out with a fair amount of regularity and still he gets all sorts of hair and fiber stuck in those little lint traps.

So, yes, more squishie goodness is on the needles. And for reading, we're on to The Joy of Hobby Farming by Michael and Audrey Levatino. It's more of a manual than a pleasure read, so there's a little bit of skimming going on. But, it's helpful. We're hoping to start looking for The Farm in the next couple of years and there is much to think about in that regard. And I'm still working through The Wonder Weeks. After reading the section that's applicable to Silas, I thought I should read about the developments that we have to look forward to before I take this one back to the library.

For more Yarn Along goodness head over to Small Things.

Don't forget to sign up for this week's Giveaway of handcrafted wall art!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the hang of dpn's! You are always reading the most interesting books. You are looking on purchasing a farm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first time with DPNS & no ladders - nice work! I have managed to avoid DPNS altogether - when I first started knitting the LYS owner forced me to learn magic loop instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look on Silas's face - such complete absorption. Well done Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Congratulations on mastering the dpn...I'm still not there yet. Love that picture...clearly Silas is intrigued!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet little squishy with a darling little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't done anything with dpn yet but I will soon for a hat I'm working.
    The squishie looks great. Another one in stripes would look awesome and fun for Silas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the picture with the baby and the squishie is adorable :D You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to conquer the dpns!
    And I love those little lint catchers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute - and just look at that concentration when playing with it, so adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Stripes are no big thing! You can do it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. A project DONE? Way to go! Celebrate those! lol

    :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on getting your first project using dpns under your belt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just read your bio and almost feel like I wrote it! I would love to move to some bigger land, a few acres would be lovely with some fields. We made a move for a simpler life last January, from a tiny house block to a half acre in the bush (forest).... but still I am yearning for fields.

    Lovely to 'meet' you - your darling baby is beautiful - those days feel so long ago for me, my babes are now 11, 9 and 6.

    Love Rach x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job! And beautiful little babe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It came out great. Silas seems to love it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. 'The Wonder Weeks' is such an awesome book. It's pretty spot on in terms of the development stages, and it's just so interesting reading about what our little ones are learning.
    Love your yarn squishie - well done!
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete