So Many Greens

Our second CSA week brought us (from left to right) Chinese cabbage, chives, green lettuce, popcorn, and bok-choy. Yummy, yummy greens!


My hope is to start making our meal plan after we know what will be in that week's box so that I can plan to include its contents. I haven't quite found that rhythm yet. I need to push myself to do so, though. My pledge this year is to send nothing from our CSA to the compost pile and with a little planning I know we can do it.

Our menu this week will probably include Vegetarian Steamed Dumplings to use some of the Chinese cabbage. I see several stir fries and perhaps some fried rice in our future and of course, some salads. I'm working my way through Feeding the Whole Family and there are wonderful salad recipes in there.

What's in your CSA this week?

6 comments:

  1. I don't have a CSA since I grow our food, but we have been eating lots of squash, greenbeans,carrots, corn, tomatoes and peppers. The herb bed is growing right along and I love cutting fresh herbs to cook with for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - to receive, then plan! That's why we never have a CSA...I'm a chronic food spoiler (hangs head in shame). I wouldn't mind so much if we had animals to give it to, but as it is it just goes into the garden which, sadly is not prime food-growing space. Looking forward to seeing how things go with your CSA plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I need to be more organized with my meal planning as well.. it is something I am currently working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely csa box! I love your recipe ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of yummy greens for sure. Meal planning makes everything much easier, I agree! (not that I am good at doing it. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummm, those dumplings sounds delicious! I love all the greens and cabbages and am so loving our CSA and to be trying out some new veggies, like kohlrabi and garlic scapes! Thanks for linking up!

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete