Wool Soakers


I was able to complete one wool diaper cover before Silas was born and am just a hop, skip, and a jump away from a second one. I have to admit that we've been relying mostly on Thirsties, though. The wool is in rotation, but really only gets used when our two Thirsties are in the wash. So far I've found it to be inconsistent in containing wetness. There have been instances when he's been both wet and dirty and I'm amazed that nothing has leaked through, but then there are other times when his diaper is not very wet at all, but it did soak through. Maybe it's the fit? The tightness of the stitches? The fact that I didn't lanolize? Effective or not, they sure are darn cute.



6 comments:

  1. Those are very cute! I crocheted a couple of wool soakers for my daughter two years ago when she was born. I had the same inconsistency issues until I lanolized them. Anyway, very adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just finishing up my second soaker for Phoebe but havent tried them yet as I made them to fit starting at 10 pounds which she has not quite reached. I did read that they are not fully effective until lanolized though....
    they look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute soakers! Silas looks adorable, too! I don't even know what lanolizing is, so I guess I've got a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silas is getting so big- I love these photos- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these and He's just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me encantaron tus cobertores de lana.
    Quisiera tejer unos para mi hija, pero no he encontrado un patrón ¿tienes alguno?

    Saludos cariñosos desde Chile.

    ReplyDelete