Day-by-Day Sewing

Who can resist an adorable little cloth-diapered bum? I can't, that's for sure. We knew from the get-go that we wanted to use cloth diapers. Finding out the there's a diaper service in our area sealed the deal and so far it's a smashing success. I've never used disposables, but I really can't imagine they're any easier than our little cloth system.
Before Silas was born my mom gifted us with some reusable wipes from Kissaluvs, which are awesome. With flannel on one side and organic cotton velour on the other, they feel very decadent. In an effort to go just a little bit longer between laundry loads, I needed to get some more, but I needed a use-what-I-have-on-hand-to-make-my-own option to increase my store.  


It has taken me weeks to get these done. And they're not even really done yet; I still need to topstitch most of them. It's been really interesting trying to fit crafty tasks in the few minutes I have here and there when I put Silas down. I wear him in a sling most days, which I love and allows me to do all of my household chores. But, the projects that require a little bit more attention and creative investment require that I not have my baby on my body, I am discovering. In one stolen moment I dug out the flannel scraps that were leftover from the burp cloths that I made and picked out our oldest, thinnest towel to be cut up. A couple of days later I was able to measure and cut and in one marathon session while Steve was home to mind the babe I was able to sew, press, and turn. All that's left is the topstitching, as I said, but who knows when that will happen. My bobbin ran out of thread and winding it could take at least a month.

2 comments:

  1. ahh...now that is the sentiment of a Mama. Thanks for reminding me, that, it ain't just me.

    :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about sneaking in moments for sewing. Hope you can wind that bobbin soon! :)

    www.thesimplefamilyproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete