A Spot for Feeding


My parents came for a visit this past weekend and brought with them a much needed chair for nursing. Prior to its arrival, the seating in our house could all be described as comfortable, but in that sink-in-and-have-bad-posture sort of way. None of it was really suitable as a place to comfortably nurse a little one. As you can see, Medea has given the rocker her seal of approval, much to my relief. She really is the expert in such things. This has already become one of my favorite places in the house and each day I retreat here to knit and to read while enjoying my window view of the cardinals and blue jays.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you have a boppy pillow too! I loved the boppy pillow for nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely- Glad Medea approved the chair- and I agree with Grace- I loved the boppy pillow although my SIL who had a baby more recently had a fantastic pillow called a Breast Friend that is the same concept but could attach on with velco- dunno- she swore by it and it seemed one step up from the pillow I used.
    haha are you getting used to unsolicited advice yet!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ren: Getting used to the unsolicited advice? I love it! It's all so helpful. Adding one boppy to the list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I'm with Ren! I bet you are getting all kinds of advice :) The boppy is a MUST HAVE and awesome suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. courtney,
    i have been so bad about leaving comments, but i wanted to let you know how much i have enjoyed seeing you prepare for your baby. i think we share similar philosophies on having and raising kids, so i feel like i've been taking mental notes on what to do when i have a baby. thank you for sharing your experiences!

    allison

    ReplyDelete