Sewing Nook

The second zone in the baby/mama/activity room is nearing completion. My sewing nook.
  




Just one little wall in the room. The basket on wheels to the left of the desk is my in-box to house current and upcoming projects as well as daily mending to-do items. This, by far, has been the most useful addition. When sharing space like this, I'm finding that having a home for everything is really key so that it can all be put to bed when the area is needed for something else. Much like the computer nook, it doesn't have a loved or lived in feel yet, but it will come I'm sure.

6 comments:

  1. i love all of the vintage sewing things. your space looks so cozy--perfect for creating things for your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I got a sewing nook about a year ago... it's just the wall next to my bed with a desk and some baskets of yard crammed in.
    In trying to figure out where to put baby #2, after she moves out of our bed, the logical place was to put the crib next to our bed... but this would eliminate my craft corner, which I have become very attached to. We are still not sure where the crib will go, but probably Finn's room. I only have about 8 square feet of my own space, and I want to keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice and neat! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! And I adore the stand mixer fabric. I've seen it in black and white but not RED black and white. I'm still trying to carve out a space for my sewing nook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun. Its always great to have a space set aside for creating!

    ReplyDelete