First Harvest

After returning home from our family picnic at a restored prairie, Steve and I enjoyed the very first pickings of this season's garden. After pulling up these radishes, I dropped new seeds right into the same holes for a second crop.
  

They were added to this salad, the recipe for which came from Molly Wizenberg's A Homemade Life. The cilantro also came from our garden and the feta is local and delicious!


It was a hot one yesterday. I didn't at all feel like turning on any sort of cooking device, hence the salad. My favorite summer dinner choice!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! So lovely! Sounds like you had a wonderful day :) I'm so envious of your harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the salad looks yummy! we too, had a harvest of radishes~

    ReplyDelete
  3. HARVEST? I am still no where near a harvest! And my tomatoes could use your advice at this point! My blog today is about those sorry looking transplants...I have one step out the door to the local garden shop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! There is nothing better than homegrown is there? We are simply swimming in salad lately. I totally understand not wanting to use any 'heat' to 'cook'. I've been in love with bulgar and beans lately to 'beef up' our salads and make them stick in the belly a bit longer.
    Happy Harvesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing. I think I spot some avocados. My personal favorite! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I would love the opportunity to grow my own like this...sadly I don't have the space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks like a good salad, my mouth is watering at the site of radishes. Mine are coming along, but they have a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'd love to dive into that salad right now. it looks so good. thanks for sharing your first harvest. it's a great feeling to pull something from the earth that you've nurtured, to eat the fruits of your labor. i'm living vicariously through you, so please keep the garden posts coming!

    ReplyDelete