Sheepies

It's been rainy and dreary here since Friday. I was hoping to get some garden work done, but instead it was a work-inside-weekend.


I made this little sheep pillow, from a Purl Bee pattern. I've stagnated a little bit with my sewing, so this quick, satisfying project was the perfect thing to get me back in the saddle. As soon as I saw him online, I knew that I had to make a little sheepie of my very own. The pattern calls for wool felt, but that was just out of my price range. I ended up using an "eco-felt" made from recycled plastic bottles, which was $20/yd. cheaper ($4.99 as opposed to $24.99). I would have loved to use the natural fiber, but I thought this was a project that I could compromise on.

I think he'll get to live in my sewing room where he can inspire me.

6 comments:

  1. Cute! The Purl Bee is so great for those quick and satisfying projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute and snuggly! i think if i kept him in my sewing room i'd end up taking a lot more naps, but i'd have the sweetest dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! He could also live in your knitting basket and scare away the moths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, isn't he just the cutest thing ever! I think having him in any creative space would definitely inspire new ideas (:

    ReplyDelete