Learning to Spin

A new project!


This drop spindle and wool came to me in the mail from Lonna at Apple Jack Creek, who was incredibly patient and helpful to this fiber newbie. I received a gift certificate through The Homesteader's Way in exchange for sharing my thoughts on buying homegrown and handmade and knew immediately that I wanted to spend it on this. How wonderful is it to make something from wool to finished project? I've been reading up on the spinning process and am learning a whole new set of vocabulary: Leader! Twist! Drafting! Whorl! Slubs!

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

4 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see what you spin and what you make from your own yarn. how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so cool! i want to learn to do this one day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING!!! I can't wait to hear about how it goes!

    ReplyDelete