When you can't knit, sew!

Instead of knitting...

I worked on sewing some burp cloths. I started with the shaped one, but then quickly realized that I needed more practice with my sewing machine before attempting something so ambitious! Hence, the plain rectangle.


I didn't realize that sewing a straight line would be so challenging. But, I'm discovering the two things I'm sure everyone else already knows--don't try to feed the fabric, just let the machine pull it through, and keep my eyes on the edge of the fabric against the throat plate, not on the needle. These are just 9" x 22" rectangles of coordinating flannel, sewn right sides together and then turned. Very, very basic, but a good way to practice some skills, I thought.


I have grand plans of sewing a new small bag to take to the theatre this weekend. Let's hope!

1 comment: