Knitting Lessons 5

This little pair was completed last week. I used the easiest pattern in 50 Baby Bootees to Knit; a simple garter stitch the whole way that I was able to finish in two evenings. This was my first time sewing up seams. They turned out a little messier than I'd like and I'm not happy about the shaping around the toe. The pattern said to "gently ease the fabric around the toe area." I'm not exactly sure what that means.

But, now I do have a cute little set. Now I just need to find a baby to put them on!

I was feeling down this morning about how foggy, dreary, and wet everything is. But, then I stopped and listened to a pair of cardinals singing up in the trees. They were just so joyful; it made it impossible not to smile.

2 comments:

  1. We must be on the same baby shoe wavelength today :) You might think they look "messy" but I'm super impressed! Knitting seems totally beyond comprehension for me - there's going to be a lucky little one out there with very warm toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're very kind! I suppose we're all our own worst critics, right? I keep telling myself that babies really don't care about perfection, only snuggles. :)

    ReplyDelete