Artsy Clutch

My quest to sew a bag to take to the theatre this weekend was a success!


I used the Artsy Clutch pattern from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing, a book I would highly recommend for first time sewers. I checked out five "beginning to sew" books from the library and this was by far the best. The instructions are clear and easy to understand and the projects are fun and contemporary. I was first introduced to Karol through her blog, Angry Chicken, which is also a fantastic resource for patterns and general crafty inspiration.


The show we saw was Avenue Q and it was spectacular. It's been far too long since I'd been to a good musical, I forget how much I enjoy them.

2 comments:

  1. Is this just basically a rectangular bag that folds in half and has a loop/button?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it is. Brilliant in its simplicity, I think.

      Delete