Knitting lessons 3

Bib #3 in the self-guided knitting tutorial is complete!
The new skills I learned with this project are the basketweave pattern and how to make I-cords, both of which were super easy. I followed this "Grandma's Precious Baby Bib" pattern and I used Lily Naturals Sugar'n Cream worsted cotton in the color Chocolate Ombre. I do like how it turned out, however, there are two things I might change if I were to do it again.

I might use a solid color yarn. I like the variegated coloring, but I think it makes the basketweave pattern hard to see. I would also drop down a needle size to make the I-cords. They seem a little bit chunky for my taste. I've cast on for the next project...a dinosaur bib. I think some booties might come after that. I'm really enjoying the bibs and I like the almost-instant gratification that they provide, but I think I'm very close to feeling ready to try something a little more ambitious. On this bib, I had to rip out several rows because I made a mistake, but rather than making me frustrated, it made me feel very confident. I could identify the problem and go back and fix it. That makes me feel a little bit better about investing the time and effort in a larger project; I know that even if I do mess up (and I'm sure that I will), it's not the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment