Getting well

Poor Stephen is oh so sick with the flu making me far too busy to post! It is times like these that make me wish I had already done all the research that I intended to do about natural cold remedies. I've poured so much hot tea down the poor man's throat. But, beyond that, I don't know how to help him. He put off taking over-the-counter medication as long as he could, but finally broke down yesterday. We still have a couple boxes of the generic versions of DayQuil and NyQuil so he's taking those, but both of us would rather have something less...bright orange. 

Help?

6 comments:

  1. My Aunt (an organic farmer) always puts some eucalyptus oil in a hot cast iron skillet on the stove and stands over it. That, and she drinks hot Tang (drink mix). So... not less bright orange on that one!

    P.S. Found my way over here after you posted over on Cold Antler Farm. LOVE LOVE LOVE what you're doing and am now following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words and welcome! The eucalyptus oil sounds like a great suggestion! I've always been intimidated by essential oils, mostly because I've never taken the time to get to know what they're all about. But, I think you might have given me the push I needed to just dive on in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kick Ass Immune. It tastes like it's name, but it works like a charm. You get it from natural food stores! Made by Wish Garden Herbs. Get some O.J. as a mixer, he will need it.

    jen@theevolvinghomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. And for flu...Oscillococcinum made by Boiron sold at natural food stores too...maybe mainstream stores, not sure. I am blessed with a plethora of natural food stores in the area. Last time I had the flu I took it and it was great!

    jen@theevolvinghomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I emphatically second the Oscillococcinum. My Mom sent some to me when I had the flu - which turned out to be the lovely swine flu. Couldn't find it in my neck of the woods, but I'm a fan now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome suggestions! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete